Use this sturdy, aluminum gauge to measure the thickness of each coat of paint for optimal coverage and surface protection. Use the gauge to "train your hand" to apply the optimal thickness of paint every time.
Measures in microns and in mils.
Conforms to ASTM D4414-95. ISO 2808.
Instructions for use
- Hold the gauge perpendicular to the surface and press into fresh wet paint until gauge rests square on the substrate.
- Withdraw without slide movement.
- The wet film thickness is indicated by the highest tooth coated.
- The wet film thickness multiplied by the volume solids will indicate the dry film thickness.
- 25 to 2000 microns
- 1 to 80 mils
- 76 mm x 88 mm x 1 mm (3 in x 31⁄2 in x 1⁄16 in)